Onion is a wonderful vegetable and coming from a Chinese family, we believe that it has lots of medicinal values in it. My grandma would tell us that it is good for flu/colds and onions also helps to eliminate bad bacteria in our intestines...we love you onions and thank u for being so wonderful!
See this extracts I got from a magazine :
Onions have a variety of medicinal effects.
Onions are a rich source of flavonoids, substances known to provide protection against cardiovascular disease.
Onion extracts, rich in a variety of sulfides, provide some protection against tumor growth.
Have fun trying this simple and easy recipe and make it a part of your meal...
What do you require :
- 1/2 chicken - chop into pieces
- 3 potatoes - cut into wedges
- 2 onions - cut into rings
- some oyster sauce
- a drop of black soya sauce - optional
- a dash of pepper
- Heat a little oil in the wok, saute the onion rings till aromatic, add in the chicken and stir well, add some water and lower the heat
- Add some oyster sauce (tends to be salty), you may add a pinch of salt / pepper - to taste and mix well
- Add in the potatoes and simmer the chicken under low heat for the next 25 minutes or till potatoes soften and gravy thickens
- Voila.........Ready to serve with hot steam rice
Enjoy A Nutritious Meal!