Many ways of getting the brinjal aka egg plant served. One of the ways my mum used to cook for us is just to season it with a few stuff and deepfry, wa....served with sambal balacan...phuhyo...taste so good. I created something new today as I happened to have some balance fillings used for wantan (minced meat wrap in flour skin) .... Surprise eh...my son said "Wa mum smells so good, wat's new".... Wow! so motivating, someone appreciates....let's get moving, try this simple and easy to cook brinjal
What you require:
- 2 nice long brinjals - cut into 5cm long, half it
- lean chicken meat - minced
- some prawns - minced
- spring onions - chopped
- salt, pepper - to taste
Simple Process :
- Put the steamer ready, and steam the brinjals for 5 minutes, just to soften it
- While steaming brinjal, mix the minced meat and prawns with the chopped spring onions, add salt and pepper - to taste
- Once brinjal is ready, put the minced meat/prawn paste on each piece of brinjal, pressed on the brinjal so that it does not fall off when deep-frying
- Next, heat the pan with some oil and fry the brinjal face down - meat prawn paste on top of the oil for 3-4 minutes. Do not overcook as the brinjal will soak up the oil.
- Gently lift up the brinjal from the pan, using the help of chopsticks and fork.
Serve hot....yum! yum!