It is made up of blanched broccoli and served with fresh or dried scallops, dried oysters and fatt-choy (fine hair like seaweed), chinese mushrooms cooked in oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and a little cooking wine... As again, an easy to cook recipe :)) with good combination of beautiful aroma of dried oysters n chinese mushrooms.
All you need... some broccoli, 20 pcs dried scallops, 15 pcs dried oysters and a little fine hair-like seaweed, 8 chinese mushrooms, 2 Tbs dark soy sauce, 2 Tbs Oyster sauce, 1 Tbs cooking wine and chopped ginger n garlic ....and put it all together to get this beautiful delicious dish...
Simple Process :
- First blanched the broccoli in hot water with a little salt for about 3 mins - dish out and set aside
- Soak the dried oyster, dried scallop, chinese mushrooms, separately, till it soften a little before cooking. Fresh scallops can be used as an alternative to dried ones.
- Heat the wok and saute the chopped ginger and garlic, add in the dried oyster,chinese mushrooms, oyster sauce, some water and let it simmer for a little while till you get a nice aroma
- Add in the dried scallop, dark soy sauce, cooking wine and allow it to further simmer for 10 mins
- Lastly, add the fine hair-like seaweed, a little cornstarch to thicken the gravy
- You may pour it over the broccoli or just fill the centre of the plate surrounded with the blanched broccoli (your preference)
- Serve with steam rice or eat it as it is ....
Have a Happy n Enjoyable Meal...