This dish is slightly spicy as it is cooked with grounded chilly with dried shrimp paste (belacan), onions and dried shrimps. It taste so good yummy with hot rice....
All you need :
To ground together ingredients 1 - 4
1. 10 ladies fingers *
2. 5 red chillies or alternatively just use 2 Tbs ready-made sambal belacan
3. 1 big onions
4. thumbsize dried shrimp paste / belacan (if sambal belacan is used - then omit this)
5. some dried shrimps (udang kering)
* Tips : just flip the tail end of the ladies fingers to check if its crunchy n "young" :)
Simple Process :
- Cut the ladies fingers at a slant into 1cm thickness
- Heat the wok with a little oil and stir fry the grounded paste till aromatic
- Add in the ladies fingers, put in 1/4 cup water and stir well
- Allow it to simmer over low heat till gravy is thickens or till ladies fingers has soften
- Ready to serve with hot rice
Taste So Yummy.....Enjoy Your Meal!