Chicken Stew is one of our family favorites. A yummy and colorful dish to go with hot rice. Kids would love this dish as it has a tasty thick gravy to blend with the rice. It comes with a simple recipe and easy cooking too. The chicken and vegetables are stewed over low heat together with a good combination of LP sauce (worchestershire sauce), salt, pepper and cornflour.
These are the vegetables that is being added into the chicken stew - carrots, potatoes, yam bean and most important the wonderful onions ** celery can be added (optional)
All you need :
- 1/2 chicken - chopped into med size
- 2 carrots - cut into med size
- 3 potatoes - cut into med size
- 1 small yam bean - cut into med size
- 2 onions - cut into wedges
- 3 Tbs worchestershire sauce
- salt, pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs cornflour
- 1 cup of water
Simple Process :
- Heat a little oil in a saucepan and saute the onions for 1 min, add in the potatoes, carrots, yam beans and give a good stir
- Sprinkle in the cornflour and stir mix with the vegetables
- Add in the chicken, stir and add in the 1 cup water, lower heat
- Add the LP sauce, salt, pepper and stir well
- Simmer slowly over low heat for the next 40 minutes, stirring occasionally
Serve with hot rice......so yummy!
Have a healthy and happy meal....enjoy!