Steam fish is one of our favourites. ^ _ ^....wanting to eat healthy and going for easy preparation. LOOK at this beautiful colourful plate of fish, I like this simple and easy recipe of my mum..... as usual the fried garlic makes the difference...yeh!
Simple stuff required : slices of ginger, chopped corriander leaves and spring onions, a clove of chopped garlic for making fried garlic / garlic oil, red chilly for garnishing, few drops of chinese cooking wine.
Got this big fish (oops, don't know the name, me poor in fish names, all I know the meat is very sweet and equivalent to promfret) from the wet market @ $16, if you were to order this piece at the chinese restaurant it will cost you no less than $35.
Simple Process :
- Wash the fish well and cut diagonal lines on top of each surface
- Rub some salt on the body of fish and spread some ginger strips all over
- Put the fish into the boiling steamer for about 20 minutes - or till eyes of fish "pops"
- While fish is steaming, heat the pan with some oil and fry the garlic till golden brown - set aside for garnishing
- When fish is ready, drop a few drops of chinese cooking wine and simply garnish with chopped corriander, spring onion and spread well the fried garlic and garlic oil, drop a few slices of cut red chilly
Serve Hot and have a Happy Meal