I like this sweet sour fish cutlets....it looks so "gorgeous"...simply looks good and taste good ...consume more tomatoes as they are rich in beta carotene and it is good for the body.
This little dish brings along bright beautiful colors and it automatically wets the appetite of kids....it is not spicy. It comes with a good blend of nice sweet and a little "sourish" taste... With this two pieces of kurau cutlet it cost quite a lot if you were to eat it at the shop... I paid for RM11 only.
What do you require?
a medium size fish or 2 pieces of cutlets - kurau or angchoe
2 big onions - cut into wedges
2 tomatoes - cut into wedges
3 Tablespoon tomato sauce
3 Tablespoon plum sauce
1Tablespoon chilly sauce - optional
a sprig of spring onion - for garnishing
salt - to taste
What is next?
1. Dry the fish and coat the fish with some cornflour
2. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the fish till golden brown - leave aside
3. Heat some oil in the wok and fry the cut onions till aromatic, add
in a little water and drop in the tomato, plum sauce, chilly sauce (optional)
4. Bring to a boil and add in the tomatoes and stir for 1 minute
5. Pour over the fried fish, garnish with chopped spring onions and voila...
ready to serve....yummy! yummy!
Cheap to cook at home and appetizing!