The color of this dish is real appetizing, good color with a spicy-sour savoury flavor... It takes time to simmer over low heat to get the pai kut (pork ribs) to become tender...thus need a little patience before getting the dish served. A simple recipe and with an appetizing gravy to go with hot white rice.
What do you require:
- 1/2 kg pork ribs (alternative beef or mutton can be used)
- 6 red chillies - chopped
- thumbsize young ginger - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - chopped
- 1 Tbs tamarind juice
- salt, sugar - to taste
What to do next :
- Scald the pork ribs in boiling water for 2 mins to clear the fats - set aside
- Heat a little oil, stir fry the chopped chilly, ginger, garlic together till aromatic, add in the pork ribs and stir well to mix
- Add 1/2 bowl water, tamarind juice, salt and sugar to taste. Simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally to prevent being burnt.
- Simmer for the next 1 hour, add a little water if necesary to ensure meat is kept wet all the time
- When the meat is tender it is ready to serve...the amount of gravy is per your preference, some like more gravy (just like the photo above), some prefer less gravy.
Happy Cooking and Enjoy your Meal!