Look at those Assam Prawns...I bet you gonna like it. It is really " Finger linking Yummy!" Yep..a must to eat with your CLEAN fingers, starting from the "garing" (cripsy) head of the prawn and slowly venture deep to the flesh ..taste so good...mixture of sweet, savoury and sour flavour... This is one of mum's and grandma's speciality. I have the improved version, the fried prawns are not so dark as compared to mum's recipe...
To get a good flavour, the prawns need to be marinated for at least 3 hours before deep fry.
What you require?
- Medium or Big size prawns
- 2 Tbs Tamarind add some hot water (assam juice)
- some sugar, salt and pepper to taste
- Marinate the prawns with the assam juice, sugar, salt and pepper for at least 3 hours
- Heat oil in the wok at medium heat and deep fry the marinated prawns till cooked - reddish brown
- Remove and drain from oil and...it is ready to be served
** sliced chillies n spring onions are for garnishing only..
Simple yet Delicious!