Wow, I love this dish, it makes ones eyes "blink blink". A typical nyonya homecook dish and the sour flavor from the lime excites one's appetite..... See the bottle at the right top corner, that's the cincalok I got from Malacca...taste great not too salty as compared to some other brands.
Cincalok (pickled shrimps) blends well with lime, no chilly is required here, the chilly in the photo is just for decoration, the dish has its natural pink color...the color looks sweet, can you see the little little shrimps in the dish?
Cincalok is normally served as cincalok sauce and it is a mixture of chopped chilly padi, shallots and lime.... let's look at grandma's simple to make recipe..... If you have never eaten cincalok, it is a must to try this dish, very sedap! (delicious)
What you require:
- 1 pc chicken breast meat - cut into small slices (alternative lean pork meat)
- /2 bowl of cincalok - drain over running water to lessen the salt content
- 2 big onions - cut into wedges
- 3 lime - get the juice
Simple Process :
- Heat a little oil, fry the big onions till fragrant, add in the meat and stir fry
- Add in some water, next, add the cincalok and lime juice, simmer over low heat for 15 mins
- Voila...ready to serve with Hot hot rice
Real Appetizing.....try it!