Look at this plate of delicious looking chilly crab. We named it "flower crab" basically of its beautiful texture and it is from the sea. It is white with blue-purple spots when it's raw and changes to sweet orangy-red when cooked. The female crab has lots of eggs and this is one reason it makes the gravy looks thick and creamy....you agree with me it looks yummy? Oh..to get the female crab with eggs..it depends on your luck..oh no, just pulling your legs, it is seasonal.
There are many ways to cook the crabs, but I just love my mum's simple recipe - yep, the Nyonya way....It's finger licking good.
Believe me, it is much more economical to cook this dish at home - total cost is less than $18 as compared to eat out, this dish will cost not less than $35. If you have passion to cook, just try this out? Let me share with you...What you need :
- 1 kg crab
- 6 fresh chilly + 6 dried chilly - grounded - (alternatively you may use chilly paste)
- 1/2 clove garlic - chopped
- thumbsize young ginger - chopped
- 1 Tbs beanpaste
- salt and sugar - to taste
Simple Process :
- Heat wok with a little oil, stir fry grounded chilly, chopped garlic, ginger and beanpaste at low heat till fragrant
- Add in the crabs, plus a little water to keep the wok moist, stir well to mix the crabs with the ingredients, let it simmer at low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the crabs has turned to a full orangy-red color, it is almost ready
Note : Appreciate your comments or sharing if you have tried cooking this dish...just feel free to feedback via Comment at Blog...cheers