This is a yummy sweet dessert (tong sui) and it taste great whether taken hot or cold. I happened to spot this wonderful dessert in one of the blog by "simply-june", thank you so much, I love it. My mum used to cook this sweet dessert without the apples and when I saw this recipe, I thought that would be a brilliant idea to include the apples. The dried longan gives sweetness to the dessert, thus I have omitted the rock sugar (optional). This is a reproduction of what I discovered and I am so delighted, everybody in the family loves it!
The combination of the red dates, dried longan, white fungus extracts provides good nourishment to our body. Accordingly to the chinese physician, red dates and dried longans are rich in iron and it nourishes our blood and as for the white fungus it is nourishing for our lungs - it strengthens our respiratory system.
All you need :
- 4 red apples - peel off the skin and cut into 6 pcs wedges
- a cup of dried longan
- a cup of dried red dates
- some white fungus - break it into pieces and soak for at least 3 hours to soften it
- 3 screwpines leaves - knot it
- 2.5 litres of water
Simple Process :
- Put everything in the pot except rock sugar, boil over medium heat for 1 hour
- Next, add the rock sugar (optional), reduce to low heat and boil for the next 30 minutes,
- Wow...It is ready. It taste good when taken hot.
A Beautiful Sweet Dessert..!