Look at this beautiful rich coloured chicken. Daddy says its super delicious and it goes very well with hot rice. I called it aromatic spicy chicken. The beautiful aroma comes from the curry leaves which is very important for this dish. The recipe is simple and so is the cooking. I love cooking at home because we can control the usage of oil thus healthy eating promotes healthy living. Care to try?
The curry leaves are obtainable from wet market or hypermarket - Tesco / Giant / Jusco.
All you Need :
1/2 chicken or 2 pieces of chicken breast meat
2 Tbs curry powder for fish
some dried shrimps (hae bee)
2 big onions - chopped
2 Tbs grounded chilly
2 sprig of curry leaves
Simple Process :
- Chopped the chicken into pieces and drain it dry
- Heat a little oil and stir fry chicken till slightly brown, dish out
- Next, add in 2 Tbs of oil in the same wok, stir fry all together the mixture of chopped onions, curry powder, grounded chilly, dried shrimps and curry leaves till aromatic
- Put in the browned chicken, add a little water and stir mix the chicken well over low heat, let it simmer till chicken is cook or till gravy has thicken.
- Add a drop of dark soy sauce, salt to taste
** Dried Shrimps will add saltiness to the dish, if you prefer the dish to be slightly salty, add salt to taste..
Voila...a simple and easy to cook recipe is ready to serve!