This is yummy, the gravy is rich and tangy and goes well with hot rice. I have used the tin pineapples as I could not get a fresh one. I gave the pineapple a good rinse to lighten the syrup as much as possible. This is a simple recipe, easy to cook and great in taste. I have modified mum's original recipe by excluding chinese celery as my kids says "no no" to the pungent smell.
All you need :
- 800gms spare ribs or 1/2 chickensome
- pineapples - cut small pieces
- To Marinate the Meet
- some light soy sauce
- few drops of cooking wine
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 Tbs cornflour
- For the Sauce
- 1 Tbs worcestershire sauce (LP sauce)
- 3 Tbs tomato sauce
- 2 Tbs plum sauce
- 1 Tsp rice vinegar
- 1 cup water
Simple Process :
- Marinate the meat for minimum 2 hours
- Deep fry the meat till golden brown, dish out
- Cook the sauce and add in the meat, simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes or till sauce thickens
- Add in the pineapple and mix well...
- Ready to Serve
A Tasty Sour flavour Meat dish.....