This is one of my grandma's recipe for cooking meat. It is Chinese Stewed Pork Chop or my grandma named it as Bak-Kut-O. It comes with lots of gravy to go with the steam rice. This recipe can be applied for Pork Leg, Pork Ribs or even Chicken. A little extra time is required to cook this dish as it has to be simmered over low heat for 2 - 2.5 hours. I have tried using the slow cooker but I find it taste much better over slow cooking on the stove.
All you need are :
- 3 Tbs fermented soy bean - minced
- 1 Clove garlic - chopped
- 2 Thumbsize ginger - chopped
- 1 Tbs chinese cooking wine
Simple Process :
- Heat a little oil and stir fry all together the chopped garlic, ginger, fermented soy bean till aromatic
- Add in the pieces of pork chop and mix well, add 2 cups of water, chinese cooking wine and simmer over low heat for the next 2 to 2.5 hours, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if gravy dries up or if you prefer more gravy. Add salt to taste
- Serve with Steam Rice.....
Simple Recipe & Happy Cooking.....