This is one of my favourite recipe taught by mum for prawns that has been lying for quite a while in the freezer.... :/ this is a good idea to ensure the prawns are still good to taste. It is a simple recipe using grounded chilly and plum sauce to boost up the flavour of the prawns. It is kind of sweet, sour and spicy flavour and it goes well with hot rice.
All you need :
- 600 gms medium size prawns - with shell
- 6 red chillies - grounded
- 1 onion - grounded
- 4 pips of garlic - chopped
- 2 Tbs Plum Sauce
- salt to taste
Simple Process :
- Heat the pan with a little oil, saute the chopped garlic and add in the prawns
- Lightly stir fry the prawns till it changes color - dish out and set aside
- Add a little oil, stir fry the grounded chillies and onions till fragrant, add in 1/4 cup of water, add in the Plum Sauce, bring to a light boil
- Add in the prawns and let it simmer for 5 minutes, add salt to taste
- Dish out when the gravy has thicken slightly, Serve with hot rice
Enjoy a Happy Meal...