One of my favorite grandma's chicken recipes, it is "golden chicken".... It is chicken coated with a rich gravy made of grounded lemon grass, onion, garlic, coriander leaves, lemon juice and a little tumeric powder (kunyit powder). The tumeric powder will give the chicken a beautiful yellow color. I have made a slight modification to grandma's recipe, I have added "lemon juice" and it taste great.
Hmmmm...It smells so good and taste yummy and most importantly to me is...a simple and easy to make recipe. Give a try!
The grounded ingredients are simply these :
Simple Process :
- Chop the 1/2 chicken into pieces
- Ground together the lemon grass, onion, garlic and corriander leaves
- Take 1/2 portion grounded ingredients to marinate the chopped chicken for 2 hours
- Heat a little oil and stir fry till aromatic the balance 1/2 portion of the grounded ingredients
- Add in the marinated chicken, add the lemon juice, salt to taste, a little water and mix well
- Let the chicken simmer over low heat till the gravy thickens or chicken is cooked
- Ready to serve with hot rice.... Yummy!