Wow...hohoho...look at that...here goes a simple and easy to prepare 1 set meal for the family. I had this Sour Pork Ribs cooked and served as 1 simple set meal..the aroma of the garlic and ginger is irresistible, and of course the sour flavour brings thrill to the palate. Anyway, we had a wonderful dinner, it taste so good and yummy, it's totally complete with garlic fried vege and steam rice... Alternatively, I do use this easy to cook recipe for chicken too. As again chicken gets tender very fast, so just reduce the simmering time to get a "just right" tenderness of the meat.
See the beautiful color of the cooked sour pork ribs, complement with garlic fried green baby bok choy. Delicious looking :))
All you need : Serve 4
- 2 pork ribs - chopped into small pieces
- 2 clove garlic - chopped
- 2 thumbsize young ginger - chopped
- 1 Tbs chilly paste - add more if you want it extra spicy
- 2 Tbs tomato sauce
- 1 Tbs tamarind paste
- 1 Tbs cornflour
- salt to taste
Simple Process :
- Boil a pot of water and add in the pork ribs, give it a quick boil and dish out, set aside
- Heat the wok with some oil, saute the chopped ginger, garlic, chilly paste till fragrant, add in the pork ribs, stir to mix well
- Add 1 cup of water, 1 Tbs tamarind paste, 2 Tbs tomato sauce and simmer over low heat for the next 40 minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid burnt *
- When meat has soften and cooked, add the cornflour to thicken the gravy
- Ready to Serve...
** Tomato sauce is an extra ingredient here
Have a Happy Meal with your family...