BitterGourd has great nutritional values. My mum used to make bittergourd n celery juice for mantainence of good health. Bittergourd as the name suggest, it sure has a bitter taste, my mum's advice was to choose those bittergourd with broad width lines on the surface and that should taste just good.
All you need :
- 1/2 chicken or 2 pc chicken breast meat - chop into pieces
- 1 med size bittergourd - cut into slant pieces
- 6 pips garlic - chopped
- 2 Tbs fermented black soy beans
- 1 Tbs fermented soy beans
- 1 Tbs cornflour * mix with 1 Tbs water
Simple Process :
- Marinate the chicken with dark soy sauce for 30 mins before cooking
- Heat the wok with a little oil and saute the chopped garlic, fermented black soybeans and fermented soy beans together over med heat
- Add in the chicken and stir well, add in the pieces of bitter gourd together with a little water (3 - 4 Tablespoonful) and allow it to simmer over low heat. The chicken will release some water during the process of cooking.
- Allow the chicken and bittergourd to simmer slowly till chicken is cooked or till gravy has more or less thicken
- Lastly, add the cornflour before dishing it out.
Have a Happy Meal!