Saturday, August 15, 2009

Lemon Turmeric Delight

Share with you this beautiful color and flavorful meat dish which I have created for my family. I called it Lemon Turmeric Delight, well it brings lots of joy when my loved ones tasted mummy's new creation... :)) Alright, Turmeric or Kunyit is extremely good for our health as it has lots of nutritional value in it and I uses it quite constantly in my kitchen as we just love the fresh aroma of it. I enjoy creating and here is to share, a simple to prepare delicious and healthy dish for those who wish to explore.... :))




It is simply marinating the meat with pounded fresh turmeric, galangal (lengkuas), lemon grass(serai), shallots and cooked together with kaffir leaves (daun limau perut) and lemon juice....ohhh, it taste heavenly!

The meat (lean pork or chicken meat) need to be marinated for at least 2-3 hours in order to get a great taste when cooked. When the marinating process is over, just heat the wok with a little oil and stir fry a while, add some water to simmer the meat. Add in the slices of kaffir leaves and a good squeeze of lemon juice (depending on the level of sour flavour you opt), allow it to simmer for next 35 minutes or till meat soften, keep the wok moist at all times.

Beautiful and healthy-licious dish!!


Have fun and enjoy a Happy Meal at home!

2 comments:

  1. I will try this, we have the same ingredients and spices here that I can use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Josie..thanks for dropping by and enjoy trying :))

    ReplyDelete