All you need :
- 400gms lean meat
- 2 eggs - whisked
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 kg prawn shells (keep the prawns and use the shells)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbs dark soy sauce
- 2 tsp 5-spice powder
- 5 Tbs tapioca flour
- Marinate the lean meat with dark soy sauce, salt and pepper for 2 hours before cooking
- Braised the marinated meat over low fire with garlic and 5 spice powder added in together with 1 litre water over low heat for 1.5 hours or till meat is tender. Also, add in the hard boiled eggs to braised together.
- Stir fry the prawn shell till shell turns red and boil it with 500 ml water for 20 minutes to extract the prawn stock. Separate the shells and the stock by sieve.
- Set aside the cooked braised meat and eggs, use the meat stock to mix with the prawn stock
- Bring the two stocks to a boil, stir in the tapioca flour to thicken the gravy for the noodles
- Lastly, drip in the whisked egg into the thicken gravy and off the heat
- Blanched the Noodle, beansprout and garnished it with the pieces of braised dark soy meat and eggs
- Pour the thick gravy over the garnished noodle and serve with fried shallots
Enjoy a good home made Penang Law Mee...