This is a simple recipe and easy to prepare too. It has a tasty gravy to go with steam rice. Simply stew the pork ribs with young ginger, oyster sauce and cooking wine and add a can asparagus mushrooms for a nice combination. The young ginger add a good aroma to the stew and it also helps in clearing excessive gas in our tummy. A simple dish where you could just leave it in a claypot and allow it to cook slowly over low heat. I notice the meat is much tender cooking in claypot. :)) taste great!
All you Need :
- 600 gms pork ribs or half chicken (optional)
- 1 med size young ginger - cut into strips
- 5 Tbs Oyster Sauce
- 1 Tbs Light Soy Sauce
- 4 Tbs Cooking Wine
- 1 can of Asparagus Mushroom
1. Blanch the pork ribs in boiling water for 3 minutes - set aside
2. Heat the claypot, add 1 Tbs oil and saute the ginger strips till aromatic
3. Drop in the blanched pork ribs and add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and a small bowl water
4. Close the lid of claypot and allow the meat to cook over low heat for next 40 minutes
5. Add in the cooking wine and asparagus mushroom and allow it to cook for the balance 5 mins
6. Ready to serve with warm rice
** no claypot, just use the wok.
Enjoy Your Meal - Be Happy!