All you need:
- 1/2 kg small fish - ikan selar
- 2 sprig of daun kesum
- 10 shallots
- 6 red chilly
- 2 cm size galangal (lengkuas)
- 4 lemon grass
- 2 cm size dried shrimp paste (belacan)
- 2 Tbs tamarind juice
- salt to taste
1. Ground the chilly, shallots, galangal, lemon grass into a paste
2. Put 1 litre of water in a pot and add the daun kesum, grounded paste and put to boil over medium heat
3. Once the soup smells aromatic, add in the tamarind juice, salt to taste, add in the fish
4. Boil over low heat till fish is cooked. If you wish to increase the sourness, just add in extra tamarind juice.
Wow! Super Appetizing, Enjoy your Meal!